The Eufaula Barbour County area is a community proud of its past and excited about its future. Barbour County is located in southeast Alabama, and boasts a rich history, a strong business industry base, quality education, beautiful scenery and wonderful recreational opportunities. Eufaula is nationally recognized for its efforts in historic preservation, community planning, and diverse manufacturing. In recent years Eufaula has received the following distinctions:
- Recognized in America's 100 Best Places to Retire as a top place to retire.
- Featured in "Where to Retire" Magazine as one of Eight Fantastic Low-Tax Towns.
- Recognized in "Garden and Gun" Magazine as one of 20 Southern Dream Towns
- Designated the first Audubon Sustainable City.
- Featured in Boomtown USA, The Seven Keys To Big Success In Small Towns.
Residents enjoy all of the conveniences and security of quaint, small town living along with many of the amenities associated with "city life." More such amenities are only 50 miles away and beautiful Gulf Coast beaches are within an easy drive.
Take a look at all that's available in Eufaula and Barbour County, Alabama. You just may consider staying!