Barbour County is strategically located in Southeast Alabama. Eufaula, Barbour County's largest city, is located on the Chattahoochee River and Lake Eufaula adjacent to the Alabama-Georgia state line. Eufaula is a dynamic city of approximately 15,000 people bisected by the recently completed divided four-lane U. S. Highway 431 which connects to I-85 to the North and I-10 to the South; and by U.S. Hwy 82 connecting Eufaula with Montgomery, AL and Albany, GA.
Barbour County is a beautiful rural county conveniently located within an easy commute to Dothan, Columbus, Ga., and the Auburn-Opelika MSA. Eufaula has a long history of excellent schools, wonderful recreational opportunities, and is home to several large manufacturers.
Eufaula is nationally recognized for its efforts in historic preservation, community planning, and diverse manufacturing. In recent years Eufaula has received the following distinctions:
- Recognized in America's 100 Best Places to Retire as a top place to retire.
- Featured in "Where to Retire" Magazine as one of Eight Fantastic Low-Tax Towns.
- Recognized in "Garden and Gun" Magazine as one of 20 Southern Dream Towns
- Designated the first Audubon Sustainable City.
- Featured in Boomtown USA, The Seven Keys To Big Success In Small Towns.
You'll find a variety of work opportunities open to you here. Please contact us for information on any aspect of living or doing business in Barbour County or Eufaula.